2. Apply all the patches and official mappacks to the install.
3. Copy the installed folder from the Windows XP Machine to your Windows Vista/7 64 bit machine
(path is c:\Program Files (x86) Fox)
4. Browse inside the No One Lives Forever folder you copied over and right-click the nolf.exe and select create a shortcut and make the shortcut on your desktop.
4. Make a nolf.reg file of the following then double-click it to add it to your registry:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever\1.0] "WorkingDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fox\\No One Lives Forever" "Version"="1.004" "Update Command Line"="-rez Nolfu003.rez -rez Nolfcres003.rez -rez nolfu004.rez" "Content Version"="1.002" "Content Command Line"="-rez Nolfc001.rez -rez Nolfc002.rez"
To play NOLF simply put in your nolf disc 1 and double-click the shortcut you made.
If you don't have access to a Windows XP machine and have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate you can visit HERE to download the Windows XP Virtual mode for Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate.
If you have Windows 7 home editions or Vista make a post about your situation and we'll see about getting it sorted so you are able to play NOLF on your 64 bit computer.
Possible alternative method (If an XP option isn't available) *Note I haven't tested this method yet*
1.Copy the contents from the "game" folder onto your hard drive. (Make a new folder in Documents named "NOLF" (copy the CONTENTS of the "Game" folder to the HD folder that you create, not the "Game" folder itself)
2. Enter the "data" folder on the cd, then copy the "nolf.rez" from both cd1 and cd2 into the folder you copied onto your hard drive.
3. Place cd in drive, or mount your image and launch the NOLF.exe.
Edited by Eliteone, 05 March 2012 - 04:12 AM.
Added alternative option